During your stay at the Bluegrass Extended Stay, you’ll find yourself centrally located to enjoy world famous Kentucky Bourbon Distillery tours throughout the Kentucky area. The history of Bourbon dates to the 1700s, to the first settlers of Kentucky.
Generations of Kentuckians have continued the heritage and tradition of making Bourbon, named after one of Kentucky’s original counties: Bourbon County in 1785. You can learn more about many of Kentucky’s Bourbon tours by visiting Kentucky Bourbon Trail.
- Four Roses – Four Roses dates to 1884, opened on historic Main Street’s “Whiskey Row”. The Four Roses Distillery tours begin in the first week of May and lasts through mid-September. There is no admission charge. 502-839-3436 ext. 18.
- Heaven Hill – Heaven Hill is America’s largest independent family-owned producer of Bourbon. The tour takes you to historic Bardstown, through a working rickhouse, concluding the tour by sampling fine Heaven Hill bourbons in a barrel shaped tasting room. The tour is $5. 502-337-1000.
- Jim Beam – The home of the #1 selling Bourbon in the world, Jim Beam, provides tours of the oldest rackhouse filled with 20,000 barrels. Taste two of the ultra-premium bourbons, visit the American Outpost and enjoy a heritage tour. 502-543-9877.
- Maker’s Mark – A peaceful countryside distillery located in Loretto, Kentucky. The Makers Mark distillery offers an up close and personal look at their whisky, the distillery, and more. No admission. 270-865-2099.
- Wild Turkey – As the benchmark for genuine Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey, the Wild Turkey is known for its signature flavor, and its 101 proof whiskey. The Wild Turkey distillery is in Lawrenceburg, KY. No admission charges. 502-839-4544.
- Woodford Reserve – The oldest and smallest distillery in Kentucky dates to 1797. Woodford Reserve is the Official Bourbon of the Kentucky Derby, distilled using a copper pot still and triple distillation process. Located in Versailles, KY about 22 minutes from the Bluegrass Extended Stay. Several tours are available, please call for more information. 859-879-1812.
Book your stay with Bluegrass Extended Stay today and be sure to view our other things to do in Lexington KY.